- Join the Coalition
Arlington’s READY Coalition to reduce teen alcohol and drug use is always seeking Coalition Members. If you want to be a community representative, let us know!
READY Coalition members work with READY staff to develop strategies that will develop a community where expectations of non-use are more prevalent than the idea that all kids do it. Board membership involves regular attendance at a bi-monthly meeting, active participation on a committee or work group, and a commitment to building a healthy community. Contact READYCoalition@arlingtonva.us or call 703-228-1683.
Coordinate with the READY Coalition to host a chat with your friends and neighbors about ways that everyone can create a safer environment for our teens. We’ll bring some materials and ideas, but you all will take the discussion wherever you want it to go.
- Bring Your Ideas to the Table
- Sign up for the READY Coalition email list or Facebook Page.
- Attend our bi-monthly Coalition meetings and let us know what you are thinking.
- Join a Committee
- Community And Parent Education
- Youth Committee (KISS)
- Budget Committee
- Steering Committee
- Marijuana Work Group
- Branding and Messaging Work Group
- Sponsor a Speaker
READY offers many program opportunities to share information and ideas with PTAs, Church groups, Civic Associations, community partners, and schools. Contact us to arrange one of the following programs, or work with us to customize one just for you.
• What to Expect When You’re Expecting a Teenager
• Marijuana: What’s the Big Deal?
• Hosting Teen Parties – What Every Parent Should Know
• Life According to Our Kids – Arlington Surveys Shed Some Light
• Talking About Beach Week
• Substances & Sports – What Parents and Coaches Need to Know
• Pranks, Sins, or Crimes – Teens and the Law
• Mission Possible: Staying Involved in Your Child’s Life in Middle School and Beyond
• The Movie HAZE: The Perils of College Drinking
- Keep the Conversation Going
Talk to other parents about their important role in encouraging teens to postpone using alcohol and other drugs.
- Share any questions, ideas, or suggestions at any time by contacting us: